Welcome!

Well, who would imagine I’d be finishing up my summer wearing a sweater!  The days that we thought (and hoped) would never come are: fall is on it’s way.  And with it comes the fresh smell of responsibility, along with some whiffs of new school materials, clean classrooms, and relaxed and revitalized teachers!  It’s a smell I know and love, and rivals only the smell of sweet freedom and warm, fresh air after being stuck in an air-tight building for 10 months with the heat on!  I guess we can only take the fresh air for so long…

As I look forward to a classroom full of students, I embark on this year with a goal: to write about all of the things that work, and that need some tweaking, this year in the class.  Hopefully it will prove helpful in the years to come, and might even help other educators out there.

Part of my inspiration comes from the newly-seen-by-me movie Julie and Julia.  Well to quote Julie: “I could write a blog.  I have thoughts.”  Although I’m not expecting quite the following that she got.  If I help just one fellow educator, I’d be happy, but my main goal is not along those lines.  Let’s face it; this is for me.  To get out my frustrations, to talk things out, to problem solve, and to help with my ever growing memory problem! (what did I teach last year?  how did I do that?  what did the kids get out of it?  why am I still trying to be a teacher?)

If you are on board, welcome.  It’s going to be a crazy ride!